How to Renew Items
To renew items that are currently checked out, access My MadCat Account.1. Click the Renew? box beside the item or items you wish to renew. NOTE: The Renew? box(es) will not appear if your patron record has been blocked. Possible reasons for a block are listed below.
- Click the Reset button to uncheck items you have selected.
2. Click the Renew Items button.
- If the item was renewed, its Status and Renewal Status will change from Checked Out to Renewed. An updated due date will appear.
3. When you are finished, click Logoff and Exit to ensure the safety of your library record.
Why a Renewal May Fail
A status of Not Renewed may result for one of the following reasons:
- You have renewed the item for as many times as is allowed.
- The item is checked out for a semester-long loan period, and the renewal request is earlier than approximately 4 weeks before the due date.
- Your patron record has been blocked for some reason:
- You have an overdue recall.
- Your ID has been blocked until the local address is updated.
- You have three or more lost items (from UW-Madison and/or other UW System libraries) on your record.